Kat's Walks

This started as a blog to chronicle some of the more interesting walks I had done - mainly around London. But now it's more of a holiday, party, general merriment blog - with plenty of photos.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Amazing what you find on top of a hill


Now, in a city of 6 million people it's never particularly surprised me that I never bump into anyone I know. But today, finally, I did.I was on one of my regular rambles around London which I like to do on my days off, climbing Parliament Hill in the middle of Hampstead Heath, when I heard a very familiar voice. There - complete with cameraman - was my friend from school Ben Rudd! He was vox-popping people with German Shepherd dogs for London Today. I say people, he'd only come across one when I bumped into him. But it was very pleasant running into someone I knew in the middle of such an anonymous city.

What's more - and I don't know if anyone knows Hampstead Heath - but it has some of the most spectacular views of London. And now it has a new one. This is 'The Writer' by the concept artist Giancarlo Neri. A giant table-and-chair sculpture in the middle of London!!!! It doesn't get more fantastic than that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home