Kat's Walks

This started as a blog to chronicle some of the more interesting walks I had done - mainly around London. But now it's more of a holiday, party, general merriment blog - with plenty of photos.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

BIG CATS AND MAD MONKEYS




On Monday 29th August I went to visit my birthday present from Andy. For my 28th birthday he bought me sponsorship for a year of a Red River Hog, knowing my love all things swine! Last summer we'd been to Port Lympne animal park and it was absoutely brilliant. So this year we went to its sister park, Howletts, near Canterbury.


















Personally, I prefered Port Lympne - especially as out of all the animals at Howletts the ONLY one we didn't see was my Red River Hog! Typical. But we did see some really cool elephants, tigers, monkeys of all descriptions - a lot of Langurs (called Bernhard) and funky Gibbons - and lemurs.
















We then spent around an hour wandering around Canterbury which was pretty gorgeous.

The Cathedral was enormous and very old - the castle, while also old, wasn't so big and smelled bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home