Kat's Walks

This started as a blog to chronicle some of the more interesting walks I had done - mainly around London. But now it's more of a holiday, party, general merriment blog - with plenty of photos.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE

I've left it late this week - in another 55 minutes I would have failed my challenge of posting two blogs a week all through March. But I remembered just in time, so here it is.

Frankly, I've not got anything to say since yesterday, as all I've done is go to work. So if I have to pick the most interesting thing from the past 24 hours, I guess it would be watching virtually all the Euro 2008 qualifiers at the same time.
I caught the first halves at work, and most of the second halves on the radio. Sadly, the only home nation to lose were Scotland - but not for lack of perseverance. And they were playing against at the World Champions, Italy, away from home.
I often get slated for the fact I support Scotland over England, even though England is my country of birth. But the truth is - my Dad's Scottish, I'm a Daddy's girl, and I've always felt much more patriotic (in the true sense of the world - land of my Father) and pride for Scotland - deep down in my heart.




And frankly given the poor showing by England over the past half dozen matches or so - I'm glad. Tonight - although they won 3-0 - they were really rather dire (or should that be Dyer!), against the 163rd-ranked team in the world, Andorra. Scotland showed fight and spirit and created chances, but sadly lost 2-0 - but remain second in a group that includes France and Ukraine.

Just for a sense of balance and to round things up, Wales won 3-0 against San Marino, Northern Ireland had a great 2-1 win against Sweden, and the Republic of Ireland beat Slovakia 1-0.
So that's your football update for the evening.
Oh, and one good thing from England's poor showing - Preston's David Nugent scored on his international debut (although it was Jermaine Defoe's goal really!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home